Perfectly-portioned Pizza Dough
Updated: Oct 8, 2020
We all know that the best pizza is the one you make yourself, and we here at Just8ate can assure you it's not as hard as it sounds. Once you've got the dough down, all that's left is to experiment with toppings. You can go classic or experimental, simple or complex.
Perfect pizza at home can and should be nothing short of exceptionally good and frankly, it all comes down to the dough. The best homemade pizza dough should be easy to make and shouldn’t require any special equipment. More importantly, the rise times and baking times should be flexible enough to work with your schedule, while also delivering the best flavor and texture to the finished dough. And without a doubt the baked dough has to taste downright delicious and get tender-crisp and chewy in the oven.
No matter how fast the delivery guy can drive, takeout pizza will never taste as good as one straight out of the oven with the cheese still bubbling and the crust still puffy. “But, all that work,” you say? The dough practically makes itself with only some minimal prep work on your end, so all you have to do is pick toppings and stop talking to yourself while you cook.
Pizza is one of those meal options that always seems to be an ordering situation. Need something fast, easy, cheap, and delicious? All you have to do is just pick up the phone and pick up a pie. (Or, you know, order it from the couch in your pajamas and wait for it to be delivered.) And this is exactly why when faced with the idea of making your own at home, many pizza-lovers might immediately dash for the hills (or to their nearest slice shop). But before you start sprinting, we're here to drop a cheesy revelation on that sentiment: Homemade pizza is actually pretty damn easy to make even on a weeknight. If you're wondering how this could be possible (what about all that kneading of the dough, rise time, and sauce stewing?!), well it's as simple as a trip to the grocery store.
Let already prepped ingredients do the dirty work for you with pre-made dough options, pre-packaged sauces, toppings, a variety of cheeses. Throw these things together, pop them on a sheet pan in your oven, and find yourself in homemade pizza heaven. Seriously, imagine the pizza of your wildest dreams and make it a reality. Looking for something savory? The creative combinations know no bounds once you've perfected your dough, sauce, cheese, and topping ratio game.
1. 1 1/4 c. lukewarm water
2. 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
3. 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp.) active dry yeast
4. 3 c. all-purpose flour
5. 2 tsp. kosher salt
6. 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
1. Put warm water into a large mixing bowl.
2. Add sugar and yeast and stir to combine.
3. Let mixture sit for 5 minutes, or until it becomes frothy and bubbles form.
4. Add olive oil and gently stir to combine.
5. Add flour and salt and mix with a spatula until a ball begins to form (dough will still be slightly sticky). Add more flour as needed to form a dough ball.
6. Transfer to a floured surface and knead into a smooth dough, adding up to 1/2 cup extra flour if needed.
7. Roll dough into your desired shape and gently transfer to your prepared pan.
8. To ensure the dough doesn't form air pockets, use a fork to prick to the dough all around (gently so you do not poke holes all the way through the crust)
Home Made Pizza Dough Recipe video! Really Easy to follow.
In this video we will be showing you how to make pizza dough from simple ingredients. Have you ever thought of how much money you would be saving if you made pizza at home instead of calling in an order???
Make Sure to Subscribe as well as give this recipe a heart. Get our notifications by Subscribing today! Comment down below and let us know what you think of this easy home made pizza dough recipe !