I Just Ate Buffalo Chicken Drumsticks
Buffalo drumsticks are undoubtedly an everlasting favorite. They're perfect for parties, game day, or just when you have a hankering for a hearty snack.
These juicy drumsticks are loaded with flavor and much lower in calories than your average bar snack.
The perfect balance. Um, the drumstick that is.
Have you ever seen a more equally proportioned meat to hand ratio? It’s like the perfect sized savory lollipop.
You see, the turkey leg is way too big. You feel like you have to do a bicep curl in order to take a bite. On the other end of the spectrum is the chicken wing. This fellow is the MOST complicated sucker to eat because you can only use your index and thumb. You spend more time wiping gunk off your face then actually consuming any protein.
Now that we are all on the drumstick bandwagon, let’s talk about what to put on this delicious lollipop. We are partial to throwing whatever kind of barbecue sauce that tickles your fancy, but its football season, and we need to try something different.
No bicep curls required.
1. 2 to 3 pounds chicken legs (about 10 to 12 drumsticks)
2. 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3. 1/4 cup hot sauce
4. 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
1. Combine butter and hot sauce in a small pot over medium-high heat; cook 3 minutes, stirring until butter melts.
2. Add half of the chicken drumsticks to a medium-sized saucepan together with extra virgin olive oil and fry until golden. Repeat process with remaining drumsticks.