Beautifully Bewitching Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus
Updated: Jun 14, 2020
When asparagus is wrapped in bacon, the smoky, salty flavor gets absorbed into this otherwise green-tasting veggie, transforming it into a mouthwatering bundle of love.
These bacon wrapped asparagus bundles are an easy yet elegant side dish that’s sure to garner rave reviews!
Everything is better with bacon. There are a few truths in life, and as far as we're concerned, this is one of them. Asparagus is.... meh. Tender asparagus, seasoned just right and wrapped in crispy bacon? Even better.
Asparagus is delicious on its own, but when you add bacon to the mix you’ve got a culinary combination that’s totally irresistible! Fresh asparagus that has been wrapped in bacon and then cooked to crispy perfection will make you sing a different asparagus tune!
The combination of bacon and asparagus is a stellar spring pairing and a great way to celebrate the arrival of longer, warmer days. Asparagus is also one of the easiest vegetables to prep, making it a great side dish contender during this time of year, when it’s inexpensive and readily available.
Take that first bite, and you are rewarded with the most wonderful combination of flavors. The crunchiness of the bacon beautifully compliments the oh-so tender, juicy spears of asparagus. And we can’t get over what a beautiful presentation these make: it’s a preferred and welcome dish for a quick and easy appetizer at your next social gathering. Or you can just serve them as a side dish at dinner and watch your kids gobble up their vegetables in minutes.
1. 1 bundle of asparagus
2. 3 strips of bacon
3. A pinch of salt and pepper to taste
4. A drizzle of vegetable oil
1. Rinse the asparagus and pat completely dry. Bend the bottom part of the asparagus at the natural break. Typically the ends of the asparagus are very woody and hard to eat. You’ll want to discard it. Depending how many asparagus you get in a bundle, divide them evenly. No more than 5 so that it’s easy to wrap the bacon and cook.
2. Take a piece of uncooked bacon and wrap the asparagus. Be sure to wrap the asparagus fairly tight so that it doesn’t fall apart while cooking.
3. Heat a nonstick skillet at medium temperature. Add a drizzle of vegetable oil. When the oil gets hot, place the asparagus seam side down so that the bacon doesn’t unravel. Bacon should sizzle. Cook the bacon as you would normally do. Be sure to keep an eye on them, turning them occasionally to cook all sides. Remove once bacon is cooked. Takes roughly 10 minutes. Season with a touch of pepper. Enjoy!